Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Hand-to-hand

Warning : Just a random topic. It’s my own personal opinion.

It started when my friend introduce me toa non-muslim guy.At first,I refuse to shake hand with him, but when he keep looking at me, so I just shake his hand then. Just want to make a good introduction, a good impression perhaps? But when we leave, I just waive my hand to him. A sign of goodbye. So I guess it stop there.

However, when my friend call me at night, raise the issue about this, I become confuse with myself. Generally, I do shake hand with non-muslim guy for introduction too, just like my normal case. But I refuse to shake hand with muslim guy UNLESS they started to. Weird huh? Let me put it this way. A muslim guy SHOULD know that it is not proper in Islam to shake hand with a woman. So why start approaching to shake hand with a woman especially those with hijab? Yes, the main issue is hijab woman rarely shake hand with a guy. A muslim guy should then respect hijab woman too by respect our belief. Nowadays, most of a Muslim guy especially those who study oversea, tend to do this. So I guess we also need to be open-minded about this huh? It might seem a small issue. How about those who kiss cheek as a sign of introduction? That is most weird after all.

But I do read this issue somewhere that as long as the man and woman does not have bad intention between them, it’s seem alright but SHOULD be avoided right?

I am not being an ‘ustazah’ here. Instead I do admit I don’t have enough knowledge in Islam itself to talked about it. But seem I’m living in KL and my works requirement too, sometime need me to shake hand with a guy. But as long as I know the limit, it is not an issue right?


So, when my friend assume me doesn’t mind bout this issue, she asked me then, do you shake hand with ‘him’? That make me surprise too. It seem that I don’t shake hand with the guy that I admire the most! Impressive huh? Of course we will be nervous to the person we like! Haha. Funny to admit but its true. He used to bring me to introduce his friend but I do shake hand with his friend but not him. Its kinda weird to me too but as long as he seem doesn’t mind and not raising the issue about this, so I assume its should be ok with us. For now. Haha. Till then!

P/s : But deep inside, I just hope one day I can hold your hand same as normal couple do.
Pic credit to google-depositphotos

No comments: