Thursday, December 29, 2011

When it come to Book

“I need a English book to read!”


“But..but… it should be interesting! Not a boring one!”


Serious. It just sudden out of blue I am seriously need a book to read. Not a serious or ACCA books anymore but simple easy going book.


But as I intend to improve my English, I want a English book or novels that come with simple English word and interesting story.


But seriously, I do not know someone who can recommend me such books that I mention.. hrmm luckily we have internet people! Just google-ed it!


As I come from girl school background, with Cancer zodiac and single…. I tend to read some kind love-romance story book with kind of motivation for women especially.. and must be funny story too so it will not too boring to read.


And luckily again, I do have a electronic dictionary as a reference for unfamiliar word in book which I bought it during my practical day, about 2006 I guess.. so no excuse to improve my English better.




Amazon.com is really good reference and also more book reviews, so easy to made a decision which book suit better you.


For me, I choose chick-lit books for a start.


Among recommended authors are :-
1) Jane Green
2) Marian Keyes
3) Sophia Kinselle
4) Jennifer Weiner
5) Helen Fielding


So, here it goes… my shortlisted books that I found it interesting and will buy SOON!! :-


1) Mr Maybe – Jane Green ( Top recommended – Very Good review about it! )
2) To Have & To Hold – Jane Green
3) True Love ( & Other Lies) – Whitney Gashell
4) Once Upon a Blind Date – Wendy Markham
5) Save Karyn : One Shopaholic’s Journey to Debt & Back – Karym Bosnak
6) Best Friend Forever : A Novel – Jennifer Weiner
7) Reunion – J.L.Penn
8) A Total Waste of Makeup – Kim Gruenenfelder
9) Heartbreaker – Kim Corum
10) The Single Girl’s To Do List – Lindsey Kelk
11) Something Borrowed – Emily Griffin ( Top recommended – Very Good review about it! )
12) Something Blue – Emily Griffin
13) Where Rainbows End – Cecelia Ahern
14) You’re the One that I don’t want – Alexander Potter
15) If You could see me now – Cecelia Ahern ( Top recommended – Very Good review about it! )
16) I think I Love You - Allison Pearson
17) I don’t Know how she does it – Allison Pearson




Woah! What a long list right?!


1-2 books a month should be ok right?


Any suggestion peoples?


p/s : sometime I could be bias by looking at the book cover. Maybe because as I want to keep it so it should be look nice in my book shelter. Maybe I should looking the alternative by now, the e-book.

No comments: