Saturday, September 25, 2010

English is a MUST?

As per title above, I will start to speak English in this post. ONLY this post, perhaps. ngeee...
.
.
When I was little, I used to hear Abah talking with his collegue in English.. a BETTER English but he does not apply at home, unfortunately.
But, Abah always bought us ( I means my siblings also) a cartoon video tape from Disney. I think at that time, those video are very expensive for original but he doesnt mind to bought for us in order to learn English and also very entertaining for kids.
My parents also buy me a English book but then I prefer Malay more.
Then, when I was in primary school, Abah always concentrate English homeworks as I think most of Malay who not apply English as first language always got problem in those areas.
.
.
.
.
.
And luckly i got A in my UPSR. Alhamdulilah.
.
.
Then, I went to Convent for my secondary school. That's the problem. As people always have a high expectation to those who learn in primary school esp Convent. They expect us esp ME can speak English very well! As my close friends are Malay, I dont apply more in English even I afraid to all my English teacher. I afraid to speak English!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And lucky also I have A in PMR and SPM.
.
.
Then, I continued to matriculation when I not performing well in English but still I pass those subject. Also continue to my degree, still got the same result.
.
.
Then, I got lucky to continue ACCA in London.
.
.
But still, I still have problems to speak English. I only speaks when it necessary but most of time being friends with Malay ppl, I still speak Malay in London.
.
.
Yes, I am stupid because I keep avoid those people who speak English and even I treat them as my "enemy".
Then, when I start working, I still facing the same problems.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Something is not right, right?
But I am lucky coz I can write English very well. That is the secret of my success.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I can write but I cant speak English!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
Poor me!

No comments: